In today’s article I’m going to share with you step by step guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 by Xda Developer Chainfire Auto Root Tool, and if you really interested to check, how this become possible? Keep reading!
Here are the steps to root Galaxy S5 G900H on Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip Chainfire zip file and retrieve the .tar.md5 file.
- Run ODIN, and click on the PDA button.
- Select the .tar.md5 file downloaded earlier.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S5 off and put it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your smartphone with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- Ensuring that re-partition is disabled, click on Start to initiate the root process.
- When the root process is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- You can now disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S5 and reboot it to enjoy the super access!
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of leaked firmware, perform data wiping tasks: turn off SGS5 and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your smartphone.